How to Apply
A cover letter is required as page 1 of your resume and should address your specific qualifications for and interest in our position. Please apply directly at umjobs.org/job_detail/159320.
- Operation of advanced packaging tools such as flip chip, dicing, metal coating, or other tools used in the development of advanced miniature electronic and optoelectronic systems.
- Coordinate the fabrication of component parts.
- Conduct performance and reliability testing of the electrical and/or optical properties of miniature assemblies.
- Performs wire bonding and ball bonding on ASICs, neural probes, and other microsized devices to be used for research and development.
- Soldering and solder reflow of custom parts and SMDs to PCBs and custom prototype boards.
- Hand assembly of miniature electronic or optoelectronic systems using microscopes, microforceps, and vacuum tool applicators. Skillful application of adhesives having special optical, electrical, or thermal properties for various packages.
- Keep laboratory supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, and performing preventive maintenance.
Experience in soldering fine pitch SMT and through hole PCB Assemblies. At least a 2 year technical degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to capture correct data into Excel or database program. Familiarity with basic test equipment such as microscopes, multimeters and oscilloscopes, and data collection software e.g. Labview.
Experience with industry standards such as IPCA610 or JSTD001 or BS in related field.
Welcome to Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE)
People Powering Innovation
We have been contributing to the science and technology of electrical and computer engineering since 1895. Our longstanding tradition of excellence in education and research is complemented by constant innovation and a vision for a better tomorrow.
Our faculty are leading the way in areas such as low-power computing, integrated analog and digital electronics, embedded systems, communications, energy and power systems, nanotechnology and nanomaterials, applied and computational electromagnetics, radar remote sensing, solar cells and photovoltaics, quantum computing, ultrafast lasers, optoelectronics, plasma science and engineering, terahertz science and technology, MEMS, big data, cyber-physical systems, wireless sensor networks, computer vision, and robotics.
Michigan Engineering’s vision is to be the world’s preeminent college of engineering serving the common good. This global outlook, leadership focus and service commitment permeate our culture. Our vision is supported by a mission and values that, together, provide the framework for all that we do. Information about our vision, mission and values can be found at: http://strategicvision.engin.umich.edu/.
The University of Michigan has a storied legacy of commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI). The Michigan Engineering component of the University’s comprehensive, five-year, DEI strategic plan—along with updates on our programs and resources dedicated to ensuring a welcoming, fair and inclusive environment—can be found at: http://www.engin.umich.edu/college/about/diversity.
ECE Staff Mission and Values
Michigan ECE Staff creates a welcoming environment that fosters world class collaboration, empowers bold ideas and pursuit of success to enable all to overcome challenges in their quest to be the best.
ECE will strive for excellence and provide our best service to all by embodying the following values:
Motivation and Innovation
We will be empowered to proactively provide excellent service to all and remain open to creativity in solutions.
Comprehension and Communication
We will clearly understand our work and its purpose, and continue to learn and share our expertise in order to foster organized and transparent practices.
Teamwork and Positivity
We will bring positivity when working collaboratively, while embracing diversity and inclusion, and respecting others’ opinions and ideas.
Leadership and Integrity
We will be positive role models by being respectful, responsive, and accountable.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.