The applicant will become an integral member of a large successful group studying epithelial biology and pathogenesis of mucosal inflammation in the gut. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to perform experiments using a variety of state of the art techniques involving cell biology, protein biochemistry, molecular biology, and in-vivo animal models. This position offers unique opportunities for ambitious individuals to interact with a diverse group including technicians, graduate students, post docs and faculty. This individual will assist with executing experiments involving cell culture, protein biochemistry, and molecular biology.
- Tissue culture (intestinal epithelial cell lines and primary tissue culture)
- Develop, design and conduct research experiments using techniques such as western blotting, ELISA, PCR, immunostaining,
- and microscopy.
- Work effectively as part of a laboratory team assisting faculty members as needed.
- Maintaining databases and experimental records.
- Bachelor’s degree in biological science is required.
- 1-3 years of experience in a related field.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in cell culture, protein biochemistry and molecular biology techniques including (but not limited to) western
- blotting, immunofluorescence, ELISA, RNA isolation and PCR.
- Preference will be given to candidates with proficiency in English, strong work ethic, communication and computerskills, ability to organize and function well in a team environment.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.