The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology seeks candidates to assist on the multiple studies/registries within our group. The registries and studies gather information from women and men locally and nationwide. We are also collecting reproductive health information from women undergoing treatment for uterine fibroids. All information collected is to understand which treatment options are most effective and what factors will influence treatment outcomes. We are also looking to gather information on women and men’s health and reproductive disparities. The ideal candidate will assist in recruitment, data collection, and obtaining informed consent. This person will be a liaison between participants, the study team and the sponsors.
This position will be responsible for utilizing medical record system (MiChart) to screen, recruit and capture participant data; data management (collect, record and input hard and electronic study forms, and quality assurance); coordinating study visits/activities; communicating with participants; working with health care providers in recruitment; serving as a resource and contact person for active protocols; communicating and relaying data to entire study team and data entry; reporting weekly on subject enrollment and progress in studies and ensuring compliance with the protocol and adherence to Good Clinical Practice obligations. The candidate will provide logistical support to the study on a daily basis in the field, including travel to the participating clinical sites; travel to sites throughout Michigan will be required. The candidate will work closely with the lead coordinator and Project Manager to meet study objectives.
- Work with lead coordinator and Project Manager on daily study activities and recruitment. Help identify sites and providers for study objectives
- Utilize medical record system to identify potential participants through inclusion/exclusion criteria Manage recruitment procedures, letters and phone calls to reach out to sites and potential participants Approach potential participants, provide study overview, while being sensitive to environment and patients involved.
- Explain study thoroughly, reviewing informed consent, answering any questions, following GCP/IRB and obtaining consent
- Travel to clinic throughout Michigan to recruit
- Utilize medical record system to complete study data collection forms
- Prepare datasheets, questionnaires, and study related documents
- Tracking and communication for questionnaire and study related follow-up with participants and sponsor
Data Entry and Cleaning
- Data entry, cleaning and management within University of Michigan system and sponsor web-portal
- Review collected data and perform data quality assurance of the collected data with the study statistician
- Create reports on the completeness and quality of the collected data
- Attain in-depth understanding of study design and objectives to assist with successful implementation of all study procedures
- Report on recruitment, enrollment, data, and projects during team meetings
- Assist with preparing tables, charts, and graphs and editing of manuscripts/presentations/sponsor reports
- High school education or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to travel throughout the state of Michigan
- Flecxible work schedule
- Ability to work as a team, as well as independently
- High attention to detail
- Prior health-related research experience
- Previous experience with survey research
- Bachelor's degree or some college
It is anticipated that this position will require 20-40 hours per week.
This job posting is for a University of Michigan Temporary position. Temporary employment may be full or part time, but in either case is limited in duration. Please review the full posting description for details.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.