- Provide expertise/assistance in developing statistical plans for data analysis addressing clinical research questions
- Receive, review, clean and prepare large longitudinal clinical datasets for statistical analysis
- Conduct data analyses preferably using R, STATA, SAS or other software
- Provide biostatistical support to the research team with minimal guidance on the day-to-day data processing and analyses
- Support research team members to address general statistical questions/concerns regarding analyses
- Collaborate and assist team in the dissemination of study results, including generation of tables and figures for presentations, abstracts and paper manuscripts, grants, and other written materials
- Adhere to strategies and utilize tools to ensure accuracy, programming and documentation standards (e.g. analytic check list, code review, etc) Communicate progress, risks, expectations, timelines, milestones and other key project metrics to leadership, and team members
- Efficiently and accurately identify technical challenges and seek out and work with appropriate Biostatistics Faculty to implement solutions
- Complete assigned projects and seek timely advice on projects
- Identify and advise on resources/plans/changes needed to complete the project
- Bachelor's Degree, in a recognized field of science or learning which is directy related to the duties of the position. (Statistics, Biostatistics,Epidemiology).
- 3-5 years professional experience
- At least 2-3 years experience in clinical research, with full-time experience working with clinical research datasets
- Experience with complex longitudinal data structures and standard analytical methods including but not limited to mixed models, survival models, power/sample size estimations, machine learning methods (e.g. Random Forest, Elastic Net, LASSO, SVM)
- Demonstrates ability to interact with the researchers, including clinicians, to understand and design the analytical plan for the research projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and sometimes under strict deadlines
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively on teams
- Master’s degree in statistics, biostatistics, or epidemiology
- Understanding of regulations and guidelines with regard to the conduct of human subject research
- Exposure to translational research
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.