How to Apply
To apply for this position, please upload your resume and cover letter as one document. The cover letter should address your fit for the position as well as your professional commitment to diversity, inclusion, justice, and equity.
The Educational Studies (ES) Department at the University Of Michigan School Of Education is seeking a Business Administrator Associate to manage the daily operation of the department primarily in the areas of human resources and financial management. This person will represent the department on business affairs to the School and UM Community.
- Manage all finances and administer the budget for the Department
- Maintain the operating budget and provide regular forecasting reports for Chair
- Manage scholarly development budget; review all faculty travel and manage discretionary account
- Collect data needed and manage budget planning process
- Pcard monitoring; review any transaction charged to ES shortcodes
- Hire, train and supervise Educational Studies’ administrative assistant and curriculum manager
- Manage ES GEO Graduate Student Instructor/Graduate Student Research Asst. positions
- Manage ES LEO Lecturer positions
- On-board new ES faculty
- Write and distribute admission and fellowship award letters
- Plan and document complete mapping for PhD student funding
- Organizing the office and maintaining office supplies and equipment
- Maintaining the condition of the office and arranging for necessary repairs
- Act as the primary contact to the administrative staff in other units within the school
- Represent the ES program on school wide committees.
- Represent ES on director’s cabinet
- Additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in business administration or accounting and 1-2 years of administrative/supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
Strong finance skills and budget management experience.
Demonstrated commitment to the values of diversity, inclusion, justice, and equity
Supervisory experience with a staff of professionals and the ability to manage performance and strategy. Demonstrated ability to provide leadership to team members including direct reports and others, and to create a positive culture that supports professional growth
Record of excellent communication skills with attention to detail
Strategic thinker with the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities and deadlines
Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to gather research and analyze data to drive business results
Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills including experience in building and managing complex relationships across organizational boundaries and building positive relationships and strong partnerships
A strong commitment to customer service and the demonstrated ability to motivate others to provide excellent customer service
Demonstrated knowledge of Google (calendar, email, documents, spreadsheets) and/or Microsoft (email, calendar, Word, Excel) and knowledge or capacity to learn fast the use of the UM systems of Wolverine Access, business objects, M-Reports, etc.
Experience working with highly confidential and sensitive information
School of Education Statement on Diversity
We respect and value individuals from all races, ethnic backgrounds, ages, genders, religions, sexual orientations, disabilities, economic or veteran status, and other diverse perspectives and individual differences. Further, we are committed to tolerance, sensitivity, understanding, and mutual respect everywhere within our community and we affirm our promise to make the School of Education a welcoming place for all. In seeking new staff members, we are committed to hiring those who share in our reverence and expectation for diversity.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.