This position will provide excellent customer service through information dissemination, direct sales, and accurate financial and membership record keeping for a comprehensive recreation facility and club sports program. Must be able to multi-task, adjust to interruptions, have good problem solving skills, and be an effective communicator. Position works Monday-Friday 9:30 am – 6:30 pm with the possibility of occasional weekend hours. Position is temporary and limited in duration up to one year. Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
Sales and promotions of memberships, facilities, classes, programs and services:
- Promote and process sales of memberships, day passes, lockers, camps, programs, and services to campus and community
- Increase membership sales by providing ongoing communication with business group partners, attend events/activities as available, and maintain an up-to-date, comprehensive database that allows for effective follow-up
- Coordinate requests from internal departments and external groups for door prize certificates and leverage as sponsorships as appropriate for Rec Center and Club Sports
Provide administrative services for the Recreation Center office and department:
- Share in providing receptionist duties for an office open 59 hours per week
- Process and record Club Sports funds collected for dues, fundraising, gate receipts, etc.
- Enroll members, maintain accurate information in membership software by keeping abreast of updates, and produce MCards
- Develop membership specials and incentive strategies along with various communication approaches for welcome letters, expiration notices, non-renewal letters, new memberships, etc.
- Assist with organizing and maintaining office supply inventory and office equipment
- Update and maintain routine forms/lists including routings slips, phone/radio numbers, etc.
- Assist with organizing and maintaining lost & found including dissemination to non-profit
- Ensure literature racks are up-to-date and stocked with required Rec Center informational material
- Organize, update and maintain Rec bulletin boards for the campus and community
- Promote locker rental sales, assist with locker cleaning, combination changes, report repairs and maintain repair needs list, and manage abandoned goods
Provide consistent and courteous customer service to internal and external constituents:
- Provide quality of excellence in customer service to UM-Flint students, faculty, staff, members and others
- Participate with resolution of customer service problems and complaints
- Coordinate non-renewal surveys to past members and maintain non-renewal information data obtained
- Associate's degree or equivalent education and experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Previous sales and successful customer service experience
- Previous experience with cash handling, billing and data entry
- Previous office and administrative experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with scheduling software
- Familiar with University policies and procedures
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.