The divisions of Pediatric Psychology, Adolescent Medicine and Developmental Behavioral Pediatrics are seeking a Patient Services Associate. This position will be a member of the administrative team that interfaces with patients via phone, schedules appointments, and triages new patient referrals.
- Answer Phones
- Schedule patient appointments in MiChart
- Route calls to appropriate offices and/or clerical staff
- Transcribe new consults in MiChart
- Scan documents into MiChart
- Distribute new patient packets to patients
- Process letters to providers/patients in MiChart
- Monitor and distribute documents off of fax server
- Work with clinical staff to coordinate patient care
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma and 2-3 years experience in an office setting
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Works well in team environment
- Excellent attendance
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team setting.
- Communicates effectively.
- Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
- Working knowledge of MiChart
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology
- Experience working in large, complex health setting
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.