The department of Neurology is seeking a temporary administrative assistant to provide general office support to the medical education team. (40 hours/week)
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Proctoring medical student exams
- Assembling orientation packets
- Arranging education lunches and lectures (ordering and setting up food, reserving conference room, monitoring sign-in sheet, etc)
- Distributing Mail
- Ordering lab coats and taking them to be cleaned
- Submitting meal credits into Excel spreadsheet
- Updating Neurology paging
- Distributing and collecting conference evaluations
- Ordering business cards
- Processing House Officer verifications – scan and fax into inbox, basic data lookup
- Other duties as discussed
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a professional and collaborative manner.
- Strong communication skills. Ability to take direction and ask questions to clarify.
- Ability to work on projects independently.
- Good listening skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated professional level of interpersonal skills.
- Passion for health and well-being, and the desire to build a culture of health at Michigan Medicine.
2-4 years of work experience in a business environment.
Proficient with computer software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Box, Google Suite - Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc.).
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.