How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The laboratory conducts basic and translational studies using cell lines, primary patient-derived specimens and mouse models (including patient-derived xenografts) to further understand the pathogenesis of the T-cell lymphomas and develop novel therapeutic strategies, particularly those targeting the tumor microenvironment. The lab seeks a qualified and self-motivated candidate with effective communication skills for the position of Research Lab Technician Associate.
- Perform basic cell and molecular biology techniques with supervision (e.g. qRT-PCR, immunoblotting).
- Perform basic laboratory management tasks (e.g. ordering laboratory supplies/reagents, maintenance of records and equipment, completion of paperwork for laboratory inspections).
- Compile data in a format suitable for publication and assist with the submission of manuscripts.
- Assist with maintenance of a mouse colony (e.g. breeding, genotyping).
- Bachelor degree required.
- Experience compiling and presenting data or experience using graphic software, including Powerpoint and Illustrator.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective time management skills, including the ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Willingness to learn and apply new skills and laboratory techniques.
- Previous laboratory experience with basic cell and molecular biology techniques, including cell culture, recombinant DNA, PCR, western blotting.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.