- Perform various routes of test material administration as appropriate for species
- Perform blood sample collections from various sites as appropriate for species
- Identify proper storage conditions for samples collected and submit to laboratories as requested
- Conduct general health monitoring, feeding and care; document clinical observations
- Perform euthanasia & necropsy
- Apply ear tags & perform tail biopsies
- Perform other research manipulations as identified
- Perform prescribed preventative and therapeutic treatments
- Attend extensive training sessions at training core to meet proficiency standards
- Perform or assist with incoming or outgoing shipments of mice
- Record collected data into forms or spreadsheets; assist in data analysis as applicable
- Facilitate coordination of research services in conjunction with animal care
- Record time and services into recharge forms
- Measure tumors; score & monitor
- Attend services meetings with PI's laboratory staff, and participate in lab meetings
- Perform data entry into Microsoft
Bachelor’s Degree in Science with previous paid research laboratory experience that included animal handling.
LAT certification by the American Association for Lab Animal Science
Degree in Veterinary Technology
Knowledge of mouse breeding procedures and practices
This position may be under filled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
The mission of the University of Michigan Health System (UMHS) is to improve the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. With annual revenues of over $3 billion, UMHS ranks as one of the top academic health centers in the country, and is committed to providing exceptional patient care, facilitating groundbreaking research and developing the next generation of physicians and scientists. UMHS consists of the Hospitals, Health Centers and Clinics, the University of Michigan Medical School and its Medical Group, and the Michigan Health Corporation.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.