How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
BASIC FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITY
The University of Michigan, School of Nursing (UMSN), Clinical Learning Center (CLC) seeks a Laboratory/Classroom Services Technician who will report to the Lead Simulation Technician. S/he will provide daily support to management and the instructional faculty to support the smooth operations of the CLC that includes stocking supplies, setting up/monitoring rooms, set-up/clean-up of simulations/labs/ events, ordering supplies, greeting students, organizing/updating files, etc.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Stock supplies in the exam tables, bedside carts, and other designated areas on a regular basis.
- Set up rooms for simulations/labs/events/OSCEs/check-offs.
- Monitor the rooms during scheduled hours.
- Re-supply areas as necessary during scheduled events.
- Set-up simulations and turnover simulations during scheduled simulation events.
- Clean up after labs/simulations/events/OSCEs/check-offs.
- Clean equipment including task trainers, models, IV pumps etc.
- Prepare student packets, sign-up sheets and monitor student sign-ups.
- Set up schedules within the SimIQ system.
- Work within the various system to input inventory, schedules, student preparation documents etc.
- Greet students as they arrive for labs/simulations/events.
- Check out equipment/maintain check-out logs.
- Order supplies as directed.
- Assist with MUTAs/GTAs (live models); ensuring their rooms are prepared to their requests, greeting them upon arrival and tracking their hours.
- Work with the faculty to pull together needed items for their labs and/or simulations.
- Organize/update the M-Box files and files located on the shared drive.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed and are not an exhaustive list of all associated responsibilities.
Education and Experience:
*A bachelor’s degree is preferred and/or combination of relevant experience.
*Candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills, organizational and presentation skills, with the ability to receive and convey information clearly and concisely for various mediums
*Demonstrated proficiency at the intermediate level with Microsoft Office products (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
*Experience working with simulation equipment preferred.
*Experience in an educational environment and/or health care education is helpful, but not required.
*Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
*Demonstrated effective team spirit, dependability, and initiative.
*Ability to serve diverse populations.
*Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and accept direction from others.
*Demonstrated ability to establish excellent working relationships with faculty, staff, students and prospective students and their families. Must have the ability to work comfortably with individuals at all levels.
*Must be able to demonstrate ability to set priorities and multi-task and meet deadlines.
*Must have a professional demeanor and presentation of self.
*Demonstrated ability to receive tasks, and then work independently through the completion of those tasks with proficiency and accuracy
*Must possess a high level of attention to detail.
*Proven ability to pay attention to detail and follow-through on tasks to completion.
Shift/Hours/Days: 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; with some occasional weekend and/or evening hours.
Supervision is received from the Lead Simulation Technician.
The School of Nursing seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan that extends world-wide, to fulfill the School’s strategic plan, and to sustain the excellence of the School of Nursing.
To learn more about diversity, equity, and inclusion visit: http://nursing.umich.edu/diversity/dei-faculty-and-staff.
Please visit http://www.nursing.umich.edu/ for more information about the School.
Salary Range: Salary is commensurate based on the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate. We encourage all interested parties to apply.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.