How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
This role may have reporting obligations under Title IX and Clery.
The Sexual Assault Prevention and Awareness Center promotes healthy relationships, teaches non-violence and equality, supports survivor healing, and fosters a respectful and safe environment for all members of the University of Michigan community.
The SAPAC Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting the work of SAPAC through providing excellent management of the operations and communications of the office, including providing administrative support to all program areas as needed. The Office Assistant will be the consistent staff member in the office and on the phone, providing welcoming and responsive service to anyone who reaches out to our office or seeks SAPAC services.
Administrative Support - 60%
- Manage the front desk and provide excellent customer service to students, staff, faculty, and guests.
- Welcome all coming into SAPAC including walk-in clients for services and appointments with advocates.
- Pick up and distribute mail.
- Manage phone calls to SAPAC, providing resources, taking messages, or making referrals as necessary.
- Provide administrative support to SAPAC Director and Associate Director, including calendar management, processing Concur reports, and other related tasks.
- Organize and maintain SAPAC digital files.
- Assist with scheduling appointments and scheduling group meetings.
- Keep an inventory of office and programmatic supplies to order needed supplies in a timely manner.
- Oversee the maintenance of a clean and functional office. Work with Union staff to ensure proper upkeep of the space.
- Manage the use of the office meeting space via Google Calendars and manage communication with those who wish to use the space.
- Represent SAPAC on committees and working groups including the key administrator group, support staff groups, and others as needed.
- Process Concur reports for Director and Associate Director.
- Provide administrative support to the Director in the creation of the Center’s annual budget and annual report.
- Other duties as assigned.
Program Support 20%
- Provide support to major program areas, such as Volunteer Training and Ally Training.This includes tracking participation, preparing resources, and managing communications.
- Maintain database of student volunteers and SAPAC alumni.
- Schedule space for events and training.
- Coordinate staff schedules for campus-wide trainings and orientations.
- Assist with data collection and data management.
- Maintain database of trainings and workshops provided by SAPAC.
- Supervise student staff as needed.
Human Resources 10%
- Support all HR needs of the office, in conjunction with Student Life HR processes.
- Provide assistance with all student and temporary hiring process.
- Provide administrative support for hiring managers in search processes for permanent departmental positions. Coordinate process from job posting to relocation paperwork.
- Support the SAPAC’s development efforts through providing thank-you cards for all resources gifted to the office.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience working with diverse groups of people.
- Experience working with Google applications (including mail, calendar, drive, etc.).
- Some knowledge or interest in the area of sexual assault, intimate partner violence, sexual harassment, or stalking response and prevention.
- Strong interpersonal skills and team-oriented perspective.
- Effective verbal, written, listening and skills.
- Ability to represent the office in contacts and communications effectively.
- Ability to provide resources to UM community members who may be in crisis.
- Organized with high attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and responsible.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to create welcoming atmosphere.
The person in this position is the first point of contact for many visitors to the office and thus this person may need to navigate challenging situations or difficult conversations.
The person in this position is responsible for office needs, and may need to move items weighing up to twenty-five (25) pounds, etc. The person in this position routinely moves through the facility to attend meetings/events and access files or information.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.