Department Name: Transplant Ambulatory Clinic
Hours: 40 hours/week
Shift/Days: Monday - Friday
To provide support to the Kidney Transplant Coordinators.
- Obtain clinical information needed to accurately perform a transplant evaluation, initiating routine evaluation testing of candidates following consult appointment.
- Maintain current demographic and other medical information on patients in the evaluation process and awaiting transplantation.
- Track and maintain medical records on all pre-transplant patients utilizing OTIS and imaging documents to OTIS or MIChart.
- Facilitate smooth and efficient department operations and communications and manages multiple simultaneous requests from Transplant Coordinators.
- Triage patient calls; accurately relay symptoms and/or complaints to the Transplant Coordinator or RN in a time frame appropriate to the situation.
- Enter orders for labs, virologies, and imaging into MiChart and help schedule testing as needed.
- Assist patient with coordination of appointments to aid in the timely completion of their transplant evaluation.
- Update transplant system as needed with meeting minutes
- Obtain insurance authorization for testing as needed.
- Confirm, notify and remind patients of appointment and/or changes.
- Resolve any patient concerns or problems that require immediate response or report problems to Transplant Coordinator or Clinical Nurse
- Assist in developing new procedures within the clinic or special program setting.
- Assist with presentation at weekly evaluation meetings
- Identify and help resolve operating problems related to patient flow, work coordination, appointment scheduling, medical records, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) credential.
Graduation from medical assistant program and 3-4 years of experience.
Ability to spell correctly and use proper grammar.
Able to work in a fast paced customer friendly environment.
Clinical data entry.
May be required to cross cover other areas.
Adheres to high standards of teamwork by demonstrating adaptability, flexibility and consistently shares information and resources with others.
Documented history of excellent attendance and punctuality.
Effective time management skills/consistently uses available time effectively.
Excellent customer service skills.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (e.g. ability to provide and receive constructive feedback, seeks constructive approaches to resolving workplace issues).
May be required to cross cover other areas. S
trong attention to detail.
Works well with minimal supervision.
Ability to pass customer service quiz and typing skill assessment with 40-45 WPM and with an accuracy of 95% or greater.
Previous experience in Ambulatory Care clinical setting. Previous experience with MiChart preferred. Lab monitoring programs. Knowledge of the University of Michigan policies and procedures.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.