This role provides high level administrative and scheduling support to the Neurosurgery Department.
- Provide Administrative support to Neurosurgeons and nurse practitioners utilizing knowledge of medical terminology and procedures. Schedules patient appointments (new patients, return visits, preoperative, postoperative, diagnostic studies as well as history and physicals), surgery scheduling, admissions, anesthesia requirements for surgery.
- Provides schedule management with MiChart grids
- Complex schedule coordination with a variety of departments
- Transcribes documents for general correspondence.
- Responsible for calendar maintenance, meeting coordination, CV updates, faculty vacation time away blue sheets, etc.
- High school diploma, minimum of 3-4 years experience in dealing with scheduling issues.
- Proficient user of MiChart and Microsoft office applications
- Independent, self-directed
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology
- Prior experience performing complex scheduling
- Familiarity with obtaining medical records or professional medical billing
- Financial counseling experience for healthcare patients
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team setting
- Communicates effectively
- Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
Mon-Fri, 8am to 5pm
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.