The Brighton Center for Specialty Care is the newest University of Michigan Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The brand new 2-story facility is located at 7500 Challis Rd. Brighton, MI. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Why work for Michigan Medicine?
You will play an integral role within our institution, and are important to providing the highest quality service to patients and their loved ones. We are eager to assist you in becoming a well-rounded employee and individual, and to help you advance in your career. Don’t hesitate – join our team today, and help us provide remarkable assistance our patients in the Brighton area.
What perks and benefits can you look forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays
- 75% tuition reimbursement
As a Physician Schedule Coordinator, you will work collaboratively with all members of the Brighton Center for Specialty Care clinical team (over 200 providers) to perform all grid management for clinics. In this role you will be responsible for:
- Meeting with all new providers or their representatives to set up new clinic grids.
- Working with clinic leads to manage all physician grid openings and closures; both urgent and routine.
- Daily / hourly monitoring of outlook inbox for grid changes.
- Assisting center leadership with routine surveillance of grids to ensure providers are meeting ACOC principles.
- Provide back-up assistance at all check-in and check-out areas; assist in the identification and resolution of operating problems in our clerical service area.
- High School diploma or GED.
- 3-4 years of experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Team player with ability to take direction and communicate with colleagues and patients courteously and respectfully at all times.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a high volume area.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be very comfortable working with computers and have a general knowledge of office practices.
- Ability to be flexible in all aspects of work assignments.
- Proficient at check-in, check-out and scheduling utilizing the MiChart/Cadence outpatient electronic medical record system.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Cadence, Outlook and ability to navigate between systems.
- Previous experience in a call center environment.
This is a full-time position, working Monday through Friday. Typical hours are from 8:00AM-5:00PM. The hours depend on the clinic operation hours.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.