How to Apply
40% Front Office Duties
- Open and close the office - secure all doors and file cabinets, power down computers & printers, turn off lights, and forward phones
- Check front and rear waiting areas daily to ensure that they are orderly, with publications in racks available and current
- Provide backup support to the Office manager’s tasks related to Director Assistant duties (answer forwarded phone calls, oversee Director’s calendar in her absence, etc.)
- Make independent decisions within established guidelines regarding planning, organizing, and scheduling of work
- Responsible for logging gift check and non-gift checks received at CEW and giving non-gift checks to Office Manager for depositing
- Greet all participants, donors, guests and visitors, and respond to all inquiries and needs
- Answer multi-line phones and transfer calls as appropriate
- Provide backup support for Event Planner related to program registration tasks
- Update Daily Task List with all program-related tasks and dates and monitor for completion (room set-up, sign-in sheets, evaluation, handouts, etc.) Manage completion of tasks as listed on daily task list if delegated to others.
- Responsible for weekly inventory and placing orders for office supplies through Officemax and other UM vendors
- Backup responsibilities related to set up for internal meetings
- Backup for events as needed
- Update sign-in sheet with any call-ins (last minute absences)
- Create reports as needed for review and follow-up
- Create and print monthly and biweekly staff sign-in sheets
- Organize bulletin boards and review weekly to make sure information is current
- Assist constituents in checking out library books and using the study spaces
40% Counseling Support Duties
- Schedule counseling appointments and other meetings as needed
- Send reminder emails to all scheduled counseling participants, customer satisfaction surveys, and follow-up emails as necessary or at counselor's request
- Respond to and refer telephone and email inquiries regarding University procedures, CEW programs, scholarships, and counseling appointments and services, etc.
- Maintain counseling files/records and scan paper files into Titanium as necessary
- Create files for all CD participants and scan into Titanium once finalized and processed
- Along with Office Manager, train temps and work study students on all counseling policies and procedures
- Update and maintain counseling appointment scheduling policies, admin support best-practices documents and general front office procedures manuals
- Process emergency financial aid through Wolverine Access, facilitate correspondence with OFA and document all participant data in Excel and Titanium.
- Track monthly Critical Difference Grant reports and confirm totals with Business Administrator
- Initiate correspondence with participants requiring interpretation of policies and procedures regarding matters of a sensitive or confidential nature using ability to accurately format, edit, proofread and revise documents
- Retrieve paper files from archives for return participants with upcoming appointments
- Obtain and update counselor schedules, and create appointment placeholders in Titanium
- Maintain confidentiality of all records and participant information
- Archive old participant files to basement
- Update and share information materials related to University and community resources; make available by filing, displaying, or circulating as appropriate
- Oversee and maintain counseling appointment wait list
20% Data Entry and Financial Support Tasks
- Responsible for various data entry related needs of the office including but not limited to entering data into spreadsheets and programmatic software including Wolverine Access, DART and Titanium
- In-house printing of marketing materials, program handouts, etc.
- Create mail merges, form letters, and name tags
- M-Marketsite ordering for the office
- Run monthly statement of activity report for Program Managers and other CEW staff that do not have Financial system access
- Enter emergency funding and scholarship disbursements into UM Financial Aid system
- M-marketsite and other UM system experience including running Statement of Activity Reports
- Program Assistant experience
- Knowledge of University of Michigan practices, policies, procedures and regulations
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.