How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Medical School’s Michigan Clinical Research Unit (MCRU) in the Michigan Institute for Clinical and Health Research (MICHR) seeks a qualified Research Laboratory Technician Associate.
Primary responsibilities include assisting with Michigan Clinical Research Unit Specimen Core research lab functions, which include, processing, shipping and handling of research specimens. Additional responsibilities include quality control and development and modification of protocol – specific SOP’s; data entry; database maintenance; data analysis and other duties as assigned
- Associates degree in a health-related discipline or equivalent experience in chemistry, biology, or a related health science.
- One or more years experience in a research lab or equivalent in lab coursework required.
- This position requires accountability, teamwork, and the ability to continually update and improve operations within the facility.
- Flexibility to work late hours and weekends on short notice required.
- Ability to work at satellite locations in addition to the MCRU Specimen Core is required.
- Effective communication skills using both written and spoken English are critical.
- Good customer service skills are highly desirable.
- Experience with Lab Vantage, Freezerworks- inventory tracking database system is preferred.
Weekend rotations required.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
“Michigan Medicine values a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to the development of a positive and inclusive environment.”
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.