- Obtain and collect blood and urine specimens according to laboratory specifications and regulations.
- Verify correct information on requisitions.
- Obtain blood on patients with alternate access devices.
- Prepare specimens for transport.
- High school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
- A minimum of 1 year of phlebotomy experience is required for the Specialist level.
- Considerable experience in phlebotomy desired.
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment.
32 hour/week day shift position
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.