- Assist Occupational and Physical Therapist in the administration of supervised exercise programs for inpatients.
- Assist Occupational and Physical Therapists with two person techniques.
- Responsible for daily cleaning of patient equipment and inventory of patient supplies/wheelchairs.
- Assist in orientation of volunteers.
- Assist with patient scheduling and compliance auditing.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Computer skills and effective verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be able to multi task and work independently.
- Must have good interpersonal skills to be able to communicate and relate to the needs of patients as well as providing support to the team.
- 1 year minimum experience working in a health care setting working with patients is desirable.
This position is on day shift working a 40 hour schedule working 8 hours Monday - Friday with occasional weekend days required.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.