The person recruited to this position will work with the PI on tissue imaging using ratio imaging microscopy.
Research Tech Senior:
- Work independently and with other members of research team.
- Instruct staff and students on specialized imaging equipment.
- Design experiments to image tissues and nanoparticles.
- Manage supplies.
- Manage documentation regarding laboratory compliance with institutional policies, such as lab safety.
- Participate in writing manuscripts and proposals.
- Coordinate use and maintenance of microscopes.
- Manage and archive data.
Research Tech Intermediate:
- May have more autonomy for gathering data, administering tests, recording observations and measurements, and setting up and operating laboratory equipment.
- Performs routine computations and computer analyses.
- Responsible for completing lab documentation for inspections.
Research Lab Tech Associate:
- Assists in research by gathering data, administering tests, recording observations and measurements, and setting up and operating laboratory equipment.
Research Lab Tech Senior:
- Bachelor’s degree in science with knowledge of cell biology, biochemistry, laboratory instrumentation and microscopy.
- Previous relevant laboratory research experience of at least 5 years with tissue sectioning and immunofluorescence microscopy.
- Strong background in fluorescence microscopy and immunohistochemical techniques.
- Experience in cell culture.
- Experience in animal work is necessary.
- Ability to prepare micrographs and documents for internal and external reports and publications.
- Previous experience with Metamorph, Image J, and other image processing software.
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Photoshop.
Highly motivated and responsible individual with ability to work with some independence
Research Lab Tech Intermediate:
HS Diploma or Assoc Degree and 1-3 years experience required. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Research Lab Tech Assocate:
HS Diploma or Assoc Degree an 0-1 year experience required. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Familiarity with Photoshop, statistical software, and imaging software.
- Supervisory or teaching experience useful.
- Familiarity with surface enhanced plasmon resonance microscopy useful, but not required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Master's degree is preferred.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
This is a 6-month term-limited position that does not have recall right. Opportunity for extension is possible as funding allows.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The Kellogg Eye Center seeks to improve lives through curing, preventing and treating eye disease.
Guiding Principles: Teamwork, Caring, Innovation, and Integrity
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.