How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The School of Dentistry has an exciting opening for a Business Systems Analyst Intermediate. Dental Informatics is charged with providing and supporting information technology to faculty, students, and staff to further the School of Dentistry’s teaching, research, and healthcare missions. This is an opportunity to work for the #1 ranked Dental School in the United States and #3 ranked Dental School in the world!
Providing exemplary customer services requires collaborative work across various technology disciplines. This role will be key in helping the School of Dentistry establish its dental electronic health record infrastructure in the cloud. The successful candidate must be able to dynamically balance support of legacy EHR with adapting to a fast changing cloud service. This position is term limited for two years.
The School of Dentistry is a rewardingly, diverse, and collaborative environment. The successful candidate will possess the ability to perform in a fast-paced environment, work with minimal supervision, have strong problem-solving abilities, take initiative, and have the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to groups with diverse technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- Update and create test cases to aid testing of functionality, system performance, data quality, and user acceptance of systems, services and upgrades.
- With a service delivery approach, provide hands-on operational support to our clinics, labs and school in a manner that builds efficacy and credibility while providing training and learning.
- Learn and support the financial information processes related to the EHR, warehouse reporting with Tableau, workflow and information delivery across the school.
- Support and assist creation of evolving workflow capability in our intranet called MiTools, and with cloud services such as Google scripting and Qualtrics; demo and pilot options for clients.
- Create and support ad hoc and Crystal reports to maintain, fix, or update the legacy EHR for patient care.
- Use established procedures and professional judgement and take responsibility for work while seeking guidance or assistance from supervisor and other staff.
- Build up knowledge base documentation and its organization to be more comprehensive and searchable.
- Document qualitative and quantitative data quality knowledge ranging from date ranges to reliability of diagnosis coding relationships.
• Minimum of 3 years of IT related work experience.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills are required as demonstrated by building relationships, open and friendly interactions, initiating communication, responding to others in a timely manner, respecting diversity and the opinion of others, and exhibiting a confident and positive attitude.
Healthcare information system experience
Proven experience with SQL or reporting tools like Crystal, Tableau or Business Objects
Experience with various cloud services for collaboration, project/task management like SmartSheet, process mapping like Lucidchart, usability methods, or others.
Ability with Google sites, forms, scripting.
This position is located at the School of Dentistry at 1011 N University Ave.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
M-Dentistry Mission: Advancing health through education, service, research and discovery.
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future. The University of Michigan is committed to foster learning, creativity and productivity, and to support the vigorous exchange of ideas and information, not only in the classroom but in the workplace by:
- Creating a work environment in which people treat each other with respect and dignity, regardless of roles, responsibilities or differences.
- Providing support, direction and resources enabling us to accomplish the responsibilities of our jobs and to reach the goals that are set for professional and personal growth.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.