How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Research assistant needed to conduct Motivational Interviewing on social media with teen and young adult substance users, specifically risky drinkers. This position also involves other study tasks including recruitment and follow-up procedures and qualitative and quantitative coding.
Candidate will be responsible for conducting Motivational Interviewing therapy online with subjects and sending Qualtric’s follow-up assessments. Additional job responsibilities may include data entry, preparing assessment materials (e.g.- surveys), coding study correspondence, and performing other routine project tasks. Candidate will be responsible for updating and utilizing project databases, following all study protocols and procedures, and documenting risk assessments. This position entails a varying schedule with some mornings, afternoons, late evenings, and a requirement to work approximately two weekend shifts per month. Additional study tasks may be assigned as needed.
- Applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, or a related field.
- The ability to prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and adhere to strict confidentiality requirements is mandatory.
- Applicant must be able to work independently for extended periods while maintaining effective communication and guidance from study coordinator and principal investigator.
- The ideal candidate is organized, detail-oriented, demonstrates professionalism, flexibility, empathy, and is very familiar with iPhones and social media (i.e.- Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter).
- Experience working on a multi-disciplinary team and using Qualtrics, MS Excel, and Access is preferred.
- Previous experience conducting health services research is preferred.
Will vary, some nights and weekends required.
North Campus Research Complex, 2800 Plymouth Rd., Bldg. 16, Ann Arbor MI 48109
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Under Michigan law, a criminal history check including fingerprinting is required as a condition of transfer or employment for this position.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
The University of Michigan participates with the federal E-Verify system. Individuals hired into positions that are funded by a federal contract with the FAR E-Verify clause must have their identity and work eligibility confirmed by the E-Verify system. This position is identified as a position that may include the E-Verify requirement.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.