The University of Michigan has a challenging and rewarding opportunity available for a responsible, organized and motivated individual in Corpus Christi, TX. We are searching for an experienced Data Analyst as part of a major federally funded research project studying Alzheimer’s and other dementias in Nueces County, TX.
Interested candidates should email their resumes to email@example.com.
- Data management and analysis of large research datasets using statistical software in support of the reporting, management and scientific publication activities of Corpus Christi BASIC Cognitive project field office and the University of Michigan Principal Investigator. Generate visual dashboards and other management reports in support of project managers who are directing research data collection project. Use quantitative skills to identify opportunities for streamlining and improving the data collection process. Work closely with the project manager and field office director and remotely with database programmer, data manager, investigators and biostatisticians.
- Provide on-site and telephone technical support to field staff. Coordinate the creation and maintenance of a social media presence for the study. Oversee and manage regular and timely updates of website. Manage logistic support for field personnel tracking.
- The above descriptions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed and are not an exhaustive list of all associated responsibilities. Other responsibilities may include management of data collection efforts, implementation of developmental initiatives and methodological research, as well as proposal development and survey design consultation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in applied statistics, data science, public health, biostatistics or quantitative social science.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in data management and/or applied statistical analysis, including 1-2 years of experience in areas of survey research or data collection (e.g. coding, data management and processing, application programming, analysis and methodology, geographic information systems, questionnaire design, data collection).
- Demonstrated competency using Microsoft Excel and one or more statistical software packages including SAS, STATA or R.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and use new computer programs quickly and effectively.
- Proficiency in use of major social media platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a website.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others in a fast paced, team-based environment
- Demonstrated skills in several of the following areas: statistical process control, data analysis, composing technical documentation, client relationship management, data modeling, relational database technologies, and production support.
- Demonstrated competency using statistical software tools for graphical display and analysis.
- Experience in the use of Geographic Information System and Global Positioning System (GPS) Technology
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.