How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first
page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and
outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Department of Cardiac Surgery is seeking an experienced administrative professional to support our clinical faculty. This person must exercise initiative, independent judgment, diplomacy, as well as have a service-oriented attitude. The successful candidate must be able provide fast pace exemplary support to the faculty in addition to excellent attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a timely fashion. Utilize discretion and appropriate judgment regarding sensitive and/or confidential matters.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative support for clinical faculty in Pediatric Section of the Department of Cardiac Surgery.
- Call and Schedule OR patients
- Call and schedule and check in Clinic patients
- Imaging Clinical Documents into MiChart
- Effectively manage the faculty’s daily electronic calendar; anticipate and resolve conflicts and deadlines.
- Schedule meetings.
- Answer, screen, handle and/or route all program business telephone, fax and email communications.
- Enter Phone notes into MiChart
- Dictation for Faculty
- Organize and distribute incoming/outgoing mail. Open/prioritize faculty mail and assist with follow-up.
- Complete business travel arrangements, including registrations, transportation, lodging, etc., and related external and University forms.
- Process reimbursements through CONCUR.
- File and maintain faculty documents and records.
- As part of the office team, provide cross coverage within the department for administrative assistants as needed.
- Serve as a host and guide for faculty applicants in for interview days.
Over 3 years of administrative assistant experience. Proven ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and produce detailed and accurate work; demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and work successfully within a team and also independently; excellent computer skills (especially in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat); excellent verbal, interpersonal, and organizational skills with a strong customer focus; excellent written and oral skills; and proven ability to assess and handle highly sensitive and confidential matters. Must be extremely organized, accurate, and detailed oriented, along with the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously with numerous interruptions.
Administrative support experience for Clinical faculty; understanding of University policies and procedures; knowledge of medical terminology.
24-30 hrs a week; Three 8-10 hour shifts.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.