- Schedule appointments using MiChart; check in patients, print labels and wristbands, assemble documents
- Enter data in the SOFT Laboratory Information System
- Enter data on the APU Procedure Database
- Use other computer systems for supply ordering and managing patient transportation
- Use the MasterControl computer system for training and to view policies, procedures, job-aids, and forms
- Answer APU telephone lines and route calls as appropriate
- Maintain inventory of forms and labels
- Prepare patient folders and paperwork
- Organize office files and folders
- Maintain paper and electronic logs of procedures
- Schedule patient transportation
- Transport specimens
- Assist with cleaning and making beds between procedures and with patient transfers
- Perform cleaning (for example: phones, computer keyboards) and Quality Control checks such as refrigerator temperatures
- Order and stock supplies
- Transport trash and waste buckets to soiled holding area
- Pick up and transport supplies to the unit from areas such as MSC and Pharmacy
- Perform daily QC tasks (for example: recording refrigerator temperature readings)
- Participate in on-going quality assurance activities for equipment and personnel
- Follow safety requirements for personal protection and patient safety
- Participate in continuing education programs.
- Maintain confidentiality of information and be sensitive to the privacy of all patients, donors, and staff members
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to function independently.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- This position requires bending, stooping, and pushing carts and equipment between buildings.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- This position requires independence and self-direction for many tasks.
Computer skills, including data entry and use of scheduling systems such as MiChart.
This full time, 40 hour Patient Care Technical Associate position is on the day shift, hours will be M-F 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
The APU patient population includes adult and pediatric patients, inpatients from any and all of UM Medical Center hospitals, and outpatients from a variety of clinical services. In addition, work may be assigned by APU nursing staff or APU Supervisor.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.