How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
This position will serve as a Temporary Research Assistant for the Department of Anesthesiology, Critical Care Division. Staff members are expected to work well in a team setting, but also independently when appropriate. Staff members are expected to regularly exercise good judgement in setting priorities, communicating with team members, and while maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Following strict SOP guidelines for department sample procurement (from various locations such as the SICU, CCMU, NeuroICU) and delivery to the individual investigator’s laboratory
- Ensure integrity of specimens (collection, processing, shipping, storing, labeling, tracking, etc.).
- Follow Central Biorepository regulations including using Labvantage database to collect sample data for processed samples.
- Assist study team with study tasks such as: identifying potential subjects, screening subjects, and collecting and managing patient and laboratory data for research subjects.
- Maintain an inventory of research study supplies, and request study materials as needed.
- Available 15-20 hours per week
- High School Diploma
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and frequent interruptions
- Ability to exercise good judgment and work independently or as a member of the research team
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong work ethic
- Bachelor’s Degree in a biology science-related field
- Familiar with medical and clinical research terminology
- Reasonable knowledge of University research policies and procedures
- Experience with Labvantage
*Evidence of qualifications is provided through performance reviews, personal interview and/or reference checks.
Work locations include:
University Hospital ICUs and medical units.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.