How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Scheduling and Registration
- May schedule appointments in clinic as appropriate.
- Determine existence of previous registration and assure data is registered accurately.
- With each patient visit obtain and verify insurance and financial information using appropriate systems of verification.
Billing and Collections
- Complete financial documents including type of visit, reason for service, charge for service and diagnostic code.
- Collect cash and credit card payments form patients using established guidelines to determine patient pay portion, insurance portion of professional courtesy as assigned.
- Run, review and work various production reports as required to review productivity, correct problems.
- Provide information to patient regarding billing procedures.
- Reconcile daily collections.
- Direct visitors and patients appropriately.
- Triage calls within established guidelines for immediate attention for patient payments, directions, and scheduling information.
- Actively work with team members, staff, student providers and faculty on training issues and appropriate procedures to be followed.
- Display excellent customer services and attitude to patients, students, faculty and staff.
Experience in a dental healthcare environment. Experience in entering patient information in an electronic health information system. Demonstrate cashiering and reconciling daily receipts experience. Provide excellent customer service and be able to respond to patient concerns in a professional manner. Excellent communication skills. Excellent punctuality and attendance record. Excellent organizational skills. Excellent attention to detail. Excellent ability to multitask.
Knowledge of medical/dental data entry for billing purposes. Knowledge of Medicaid policies and procedures. Axium software experience. Familiar with University of Michigan procedures and policies.
This position is for the School of Dentistry located at 1011 N. University Ave.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
M-Dentistry: Advancing health through education, service, research and discovery.
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future. The University of Michigan is committed to foster learning, creativity and productivity, and to support the vigorous exchange of ideas and information, not only in the classroom but in the workplace by:
- Creating a work environment in which people treat each other with respect and dignity, regardless of roles, responsibilities or differences.
- Providing support, direction and resources enabling us to accomplish the responsibilities of our jobs and to reach the goals that are set for professional and personal growth.
The mission of the School of Dentistry is advancing health through education, service, research and discovery.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.