How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
CAEN, the College of Engineering's IT group, is looking for an Administrative Assistant who will lead our procurement activities as well as provide administration and operations coordination. CAEN offers information technology services to support the College’s educational, research, and administrative needs.
CAEN is seeking someone who excels at collaborating with both technical and non-technical staff. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds that share our real passion for developing creative solutions. We expect the Administrative Assistant to bring new skills, experiences, and perspectives to our existing team, challenging our current team members to think about things in different ways and to see other points of view.
The College of Engineering is deeply committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) and has many programs and resources dedicated to ensuring a welcoming and inclusive environment. More information about the College’s commitment can be found at: http://www.engin.umich.edu/college/about/diversity.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT CAEN, PLEASE VISIT: CAEN.ENGIN.UMICH.EDU
Coordinates procurement activities; Manages procurement request queue; Orders department equipment, inventory and supplies; Reconciles procurement card transactions; Assists in identifying product and technology options for procurement; Assists in preparing RFQ’s and obtaining and negotiating bids from vendors; Processes and tracks purchase orders; Provides data/metrics regarding vendor relationships, customer relationships, and cost sale savings opportunities; Assists in evaluation of new systems for process improvement.
20% OPERATIONAL COORDINATION
Manages CAEN’s learning space reservations; Processes requests for lecture recording sites and recording. Complete bi-annual department inventory; Assists in yearly department equipment sale; Coordinates departments risk management and loss prevention process; Reports on accidents involving facilities and departmental equipment; Administer access to department door keys.
20% ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATION
Completes yearly departmental space survey; Coordinates department event planning in areas of responsibility; Arranges department van maintenance and scheduling, Creates and modifies telephony orders for staff; Submits and tracks plant work orders; Act as a liaison between CAEN and the University’s finance group for event hosting activities; Provides backup support for various administrative tasks including assisting financial staff with journal entries, and generating inter-unit billings; Assigns tasks and projects to office students as needed.
Assists in travel and hosting arrangements, and reviews and processes travel expenditures for staff; Generates employee expense reports; Registers staff for professional development courses/conferences.
- Requires a high school degree.
- Three (3) or more years administrative experience in a busy, rapidly changing environment is required.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Professional, as well as with Google Drive applications (Mail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets and Forms).
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, including demonstrated knowledge of proper grammar and punctuation usage.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Bachelors or Associates degree.
- Experience using any or all of the following systems: Wolverine Access, M-Pathways, Concur, and Business Objects
- Thorough knowledge of applicable University policies and procedures is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to build positive and productive relationships with individuals at various professional levels (faculty, staff, students, etc.).
- Experience supporting procurement and travel activities within an organization.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.