How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Administrative Assistant for the Compliance Services Office will provide administrative support to the Compliance Services team, in particular the Executive Senior Associate Athletic Director and Chief Student Development and Compliance Officer. The Administrative Assistant will manage e-mail, scheduling, event planning, and general office administration for the CSO staff.
The Administrative Assistant will convey a strong customer service attitude when assisting coaches, student-athletes, athletic administrators and the general public with issues related to NCAA or Big Ten rules and regulations. The Administrative Assistant will consistently and reliably demonstrate good judgment, sound reasoning, and practicality.
- General administrative support such as e-mail and voicemail management, travel arrangements, and scheduling for Executive Senior Associate Athletic Director and Chief Student Development and Compliance Officer, and CSO staff.
- Coordinate CSO special events and other compliance meetings involving special arrangements.
- Oversee budget management, purchasing, supply inventory, and Concur for CSO.
- Process and approve all paperwork related to official visits.
- Manage approval process, tracking, and reporting of Student Assistance Fund expenses.
- Assist with various projects (e.g. budget preparation, form creation, initial eligibility review, etc.).
- Periodically generate reports for Leadership Team and CSO staff (e.g. violation summaries, personnel benchmarks).
- Maintain violation records and database.Help maintain CSO pages on mgoblue.com and internal intranet site.
- Serve as Welcome Captain and administer the interview, on-boarding and off-boarding process for new CSO employees.
- Coordinate completion of required NCAA reports and forms, such as outside income reporting, as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Senior Associate Athletic Director and Chief Student Development and Compliance Officer.
- Minimum of two years of administrative experience or equivalent related experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Computer skills including word processing, database, presentation and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Previous experience in a collegiate athletics department.
- Familiarity with JumpForward.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.