How to Apply
Please include a one-page cover letter describing your interest in the position and summarizing your experience. Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.
This position is responsible for covering the Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) reception desk during business hours, M-F, 7:30am-4:30pm. The position will last through mid-September, with the possibility of being extended.
The ideal candidate will provide excellent customer service as the first point of contact for EHS. Duties include answering phones, directing visitors, sorting mail and receiving deliveries. This position will also provide data entry and filing support for various units within the department, route calls to the appropriate staff person, take emergency calls involving hazmat situations, and provide back-up administrative support as needed.
- High School diploma
- Proficiency in Word and Excel
- Great problem-solving skills
- Superb attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively with frequent interruptions and to manage deadlines
- Good judgement and confidentiality
- Punctuality and excellent attendance
- Self-motivated, highly dependable independent worker
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with University of Michigan policies
- Experience with University of Michigan financial systems (M-Pathways)
- Experience with Access and Google Docs
- Experience working in Gmail and Google calendars
- Two or more years of office experience
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Facilities and Operations seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to sustain the excellence of the university, and to offer our students? richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning.?
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.