- The individual will be responsible for day to day operations of in a specialized molecular biology laboratory. They will manage all phases of an NIH-funded research program with the principal investigator (PI).
- Will design experiments with the PI and implement the research plan with precision and reproducibility.
- Will personally conduct experiments as a technical expert on several projects, including those involving cell culture, molecular cloning, flow cytometry, PCR, protein analysis, gene expression.
- With the PI will analyze data using appropriate mathematical models, prepare graphs and image for publication and presentation.
- Write significant portions of research reports, generate research proposals, communicate with outside agencies in sharing and acquiring data.
- Make formal research presentations within and outside the Institution.
- Maintain laboratory in worker order, order supplies, contact supply vendors and maintenance services, maintain laboratory compliance with regulatory entities, both institutional and governmental.
Bachelor’s Degree is required.
5-6 years of experience in a related field.
Supervisory and financial management experience required
Multiple publications in related field with many as first/senior author
Master’s Degree or Doctoral Degree preferred.
10 years of experience, advanced knowledge in cell culture, molecular, biology, flow cytomety, microscopy, sterile technique, protein analysis
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The Kellogg Eye Center seeks to improve lives through curing, preventing and treating eye disease.
Guiding Principles: Teamwork, Caring, Innovation, and Integrity
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.