How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Procurement Services is seeking an experienced individual to provide excellent customer service via telephone and emails from university faculty, staff and external customers. Successful candidates will have proven competencies in creative problem solving, effective communication, and the ability to successfully prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. The individual will be expected to learn or have deep knowledge of university procure-to-pay policies and procedures. In addition, the chosen candidate will be expected to gain a technical working knowledge of university financials systems, including M-Pathways, PeoplePay, Concur Travel and Expense, and M-marketsite.
- Answer incoming phone calls and email messages from university and external customers.
- Demonstrate effective communication and problem solving skills to identify and research responses while responding to customers in an accurate, timely and professional manner.
- Triage calls and emails appropriately to ensure correct and timely follow up.
- Proactively identify and escalate issues that need management attention.
- Log all customer calls and emails into ticket management software in a timely fashion and with sufficient detail of the inquiry and the action(s) taken.
- Work with subject matter experts to document, research, review, and update issues in the knowledge management system in support of customers.
- Educate customers on how to find information on the Procurement Services website and in the M-Pathways system to bet support their need.
- Identify trends pertaining to customer questions or needs and communicate those to manager for customer outreach, training, support documentation revisions, etc.
- Support internal teams and projects as needed.
- Function as an effective team member as evidenced by the ability to develop and maintain constructive, cooperative working relationships with peers, co-workers and managers.
- Associate degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 - 4 years of progressively responsible office experience.
- Proven ability to provide excellent Customer Service.
- Ability to coordinate several tasks simultaneously and work effectively in a team environment. Strong research and problem solving skills necessary.
- Ability to use discretion and judgment with sensitive material.
- Superior verbal, written and electronic communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions without direct supervision within stated scope.
- Must be able to type with accuracy and speed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Procurement Services policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of university financial systems.
- Proficient in Google Suite.
Procurement Services seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to sustain the excellence of the university, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.