Why work for Michigan Medicine?
You will play an integral role within our institution, and are important to providing the highest quality service to patients and their loved ones. We are eager to assist you in becoming a well-rounded employee and individual, and to help you advance in your career. Don’t hesitate – join our team today, and help us provide remarkable assistance our patients in the Ann Arbor area.
What perks and benefits can you look forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- 75% Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Management that provides quality training and direction
What skills will you master?
The University of Michigan Transplant Center is home one of the most advanced Liver Transplant and Liver Disease programs in the state.
As a Medical Assistant – Panel Manager, your primary role is to provide support to Physicians, Registered Nurses, LPNs and Midlevel Providers (MLP). In this role you will be responsible for:
- Processing incoming messages through in basket in MiChart
- Triage calls from Call Center and disseminate to nurse, if needed.
- Performing prior authorizations for medications and procedures
- Entering prescription refills into MiChart and calling in prescriptions to the Pharmacy
- Faxing and/or mailing patient lab orders
- Entering standing lab orders and clinic lab orders into MiChart
- Scheduling testing as requested
- Calling for Labs and Outside Medical Records
- Calling patients with RN/MLP/MD recommendations
- Maintaining Providers incoming mail and obtaining signatures, i.e. home care service, lab orders, etc.
- Faxing signed Home Health Certification forms
- In collaboration with physicians, physician assistants, and nurses: interact with patients’/family members to obtain information; address concerns; provide instruction (including test preps); retrieve telephone messages and respond directly to them if appropriate, or forward to the proper team member; assist with telephone triage.
- Contact agencies within and outside UMHS (inpatient and outpatient areas; labs, pharmacies, doctors’ offices; government offices; insurance agencies, etc.) to obtain information/records/authorizations necessary for patient care. Call/fax in Rx refills after authorization by RN or PA.
- Perform routine office duties, such as faxing, imaging, and filing, picking up or distributing paper mail or packages.
- Schedule appointments for clinic visits, diagnostic services and ambulatory care procedures, i.e. PICC placement, MRI, CT’s – complete patient questionnaire prior to appointments in MiChart.
- High school diploma or GED
- Graduation from an accredited medical assistant program, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-4 years of experience
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to work well as part of a team, share resources, and adapt to change in a positive, constructive manner.
- Excellent typing, data entry, and general computer skills; familiarity with common office programs such as Word and Excel.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written & verbal communication, conflict resolution, and customer service skills.
- Consistent use of correct spelling and grammar.
- Effective time management and problem-solving skills, as evidenced by ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Documented history of excellent punctuality and attendance.
- Experience in panel management including providor registry data and exception reports
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated active listening and information technology skills
- You will be required to do some moderate standing and walking, as well as lift, position, push, and/or transfer patients.
- Certifcation as a medical assistant
- Experience working within a large, complex healthcare setting
- Familiarity with Michigan Medicine's electronic medical record systems
- Knowledge of university policies & procedures
What will your work schedule look like?
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week position, and your schedule will be 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday
1500 E. Medical Center Dr.
Ann Arbor, MI 48109
The Transplant Clinic of the Taubman Health Center on the 1st Floor in Reception G. The location of his position will be in UH South 6th Floor. Old Mott Children’s Hospital.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.