How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
- Perform biological experiments related to the function and projects of the lab. These include mouse breeding and genotyping procedures, tissue culture procedures, the immunofluorescent staining of tissues and cultured cells in culture, and Western blotting.
- Compilation of experimental data, inventories, and reports.
- Maintain and organize the lab, including the ordering of lab supplies, maintenance of reagent inventory, and the organization and maintenance of laboratory stocks and cell lines.
- Performs administrative duties related to the maintenance of the lab, including assisting in the revision and approval of IBC and IACUC protocols, maintaining the lab in the accordance with safety programs such as OSEH, and in handling outgoing and incoming MTAs.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 1 year of documented biomedical research experience.
- Experience with Molecular Biology and Biochemical methods such as plasmid DNA preparation, PCR and Western blotting.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office and Adobe suite software and adept at understanding scientific research.
- Must be efficient, effective, and able to problem solve and resolve conflicts.
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and excellent ability to multi-task.
- Excellent organizational skills, excellent attendance and will be required to think critically.
- Cancer biology laboratory experience is preferred.
- Experience with mouse handling and the analysis of tissues derived from mice.
This position is located at the North Campus Research Center, 2800 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-2800.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
MDentistry: advancing health through education, service, research and discovery.
MDentistry Core Values: Compassion, Leadership, Excellence, Responsibility, Trust, Creativity, and Inclusion
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future. The University of Michigan is committed to foster learning, creativity and productivity, and to support the vigorous exchange of ideas and information, not only in the classroom but in the workplace by: -Creating a work environment in which people treat each other with respect and dignity, regardless of roles, responsibilities or differences. -Providing support, direction and resources enabling us to accomplish the responsibilities of our jobs and to reach the goals that are set for professional and personal growth.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.