The call center rep associate will represent the Department of Neurosurgery to all internal and external customers when answering phones in the call center.
1. Primary responsible for all incoming phone coverage for the department.
2. Provide information and support to referring physicians and patients.
3. Route calls to appropriate staff and document all requests and inquiries according to department standards.
4. Utilize superior telephone technique, and customer service etiquette.
5. Ability to fully utilize MiChart to verify and update patient demographic and insurance information, referrals and in-basket messages.
6. Retrieve, review and audit medical record intake for all new patient referrals.
7. Contact outside organizations to request medical records.
8. Organize, file and image all patient data upon receipt of information.
9. Provide effective communications with team member, other departments and outside hospitals/physicians to ensure seamless processes.
1. High school diploma
2. Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and appropriately prioritize responsibilities.
3. Demonstrated excellence in customer service delivery.
4. Demonstrated record of excellent attendance.
5. Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communications skills.
6. Ability to manage stress effectively.
7. Ability to exhibit professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff.
Preferred to have call center/referral office experience.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.