We are seeking a compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented individual who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees. As an integral member of our front desk team, this individual will play an important role in providing the highest quality customer service.
Why work for UM Orthotics and Prosthetic Center?
UM Orthotics and Prosthetics Center, a Division of the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, provides state-of-the-art services to adults and children requiring orthotic and prosthetic devices and is committed to providing outstanding customer service. For over 100 years the University of Michigan Orthotics and Prosthetics Center has provided exceptional service to a diverse patient population and is the largest, free standing O&P facility in the nation. We are an Ambulatory Center, easily accessible on South Industrial Drive and have onsite parking.
- Greet and check-in patients, check-out patients and collect payments as required.
- Schedule new and return visits determining appropriate sub-specialty within a clinic based on prescription and referral needs as well as urgency of the appointment request.
- Provide clerical support for clinical staff as related to front desk responsibilities.
- Assist in keeping patient area and rooms organized.
- Verify insurance coverage.
- Act as a receptionist.
- Excellent communication and telephone skills.
- Exhibit a professional and positive image when interacting with patients and staff.
- Excellent patient and staff relation skills.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality are essential.
- Must possess superior organizational, interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills.
- Must be flexible, able to handle multi-tasking in a fast-paced team environment
- High school diploma or GED
- Demonstrated active listening, written, verbal, and information technology skills
- Some college education
- Outstanding customer service skills with one to two years’ experience in a medical office setting
- Knowledge of patient scheduling systems, Cadence (MiChart) or Epic software is preferred
- Experience working in a Microsoft Windows environment with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledgeable of medical terminology, preferably in the field of Physical Medicine, Orthotics and Prosthetics
- Experience working within a large, complex healthcare setting
- Knowledge of university policies & procedures
Monday through Friday, 8AM - 5PM.
PM&R Orthotics & Prosthetics Center, Ann Arbor
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.