The Club Sports staff oversee each Club Sport team’s financial transactions. The Club Sports Accounting Intern would assist with this responsibility and maintain regular office hours at the Recreation Center to process requests and maintain accurate financial records. When time permits, the intern also has the opportunity to take on tasks in areas of interest, such as social media, sponsorship, game day management, amongst others.
- Entering purchase orders using M-Pathways and processing requests for Travel/Hosting Advances, Petty Cash Advances and Reimbursements
- Preparing necessary documentation in PeoplePay for payments to referees, coaches & trainers
- Assisting in preparation of quote requests for services and goods.
- Contacting vendors to obtain necessary financial documents
- Completing purchases over phone, fax, email, and online
- Following up with vendors to check receipt of entry forms, credit card authorizations, etc.
- Reconciling expenses and deposits with University records on a regular basis to ensure accurate account balances are available to club leaders in spreadsheets
- Assisting Club Sports staff with any other financial related tasks, such as cash handling at the ticket counter for ice hockey games
- Performing clerical duties and other assigned tasks
- Available to work up to 10 hours per week during office hours (8:00 am - 6:00 pm, Monday-Friday)
- Must have outstanding organizational skills, with ability to focus on details
- Able to communicate effectively and provide quality service to club teams
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Ability to use basic computer programs (Excel, Word, Google docs, etc.)
In order to be considered for this position, you must apply online at www.umjobs.org
A cover letter and resume must be uploaded as one document.
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Desire to enter finance, accounting or other related field upon degree completion
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.