The Alumni Association of the University of Michigan has an exciting opening for an Audience Development Manager to join the association’s innovative marketing and communications team.
The Alumni Association of the University of Michigan (AAUM) is an organization that nurtures lifelong relationships with and among current and future Michigan alumni and the University. As a committed partner and supporter of the University, the Association offers programs of relevance and service to alumni. Underlying all that we do is the belief in the value of education to the well-being of society, and a commitment to integrity, diversity and service.
Through partnerships with UM units, schools, and colleges, the Association is looking to expand the reach to Michigan alumni across the world to provide relevant programs that enable alumni connections and alumni success. With over 585,000 alumni, more that 100 communities and over 800 volunteers, AAUM is a global leader, and one of the largest alumni associations in the world!
In addition to the responsibilities and qualifications listed below and most importantly, candidates must share and hold to the highest regard the same values that are uniquely inherent to the Alumni Association: All In, Serving Heart and Solution Seeker.
- Believe in our mission
- Be trustworthy and loyal to AAUM and each other
- Be passionate about what we’re doing and be proud to be a part of it
- Be an employee who goes above and beyond the call of duty
- Be open and willing to listen to others and help in whatever way possible
- You’re dedicated to selflessly following the Platinum Rule: treat others the way they want to be treated
- Be willing to put the needs of alumni and staff colleagues ahead of your own, if that is what is best for AAUM
- You’re a creative problem solver
- You’re never satisfied with the status quo
- You find a way to say yes
- You embrace new ideas and approaches
- You’re collaborative, flexible and adaptive
- Oversee membership expense and revenue budget and be financially responsible by bringing in a strong business mindset. Lead efforts like the membership financial model, forecasting, budgeting, reconciliation etc.
- Be able to communicate audience/membership vision, work with various cross-functional teams and stay on-course for developing this area in a strategic manner.
- Provide organizational leadership by demonstrating AAUM core values: All In, Serving Heart and Solution Seeker and helping other staff members demonstrate those values.
- Support University Relations efforts by demonstrating AAUM value to campus units/partners (i.e., schools/colleges, units, campuses).
- Work with AAUM staff members to gain a clear and consistent understanding for the details of the strategic transformation and feel equal ownership of every piece of it, including pieces for which there is not direct responsibility.
- Be inclusive and collaborative with every other member of the staff and every other team. Operate as a critical contributing member of the staff to complete objectives in many different areas in order to move the whole organization toward strategic transformation.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
Direct supervision is received from the Director of Marketing.
Supervision is exercised over the Audience Development Coordinator. May coordinate the work of some support staff.
- Ability to think strategically, including creating a vision for audience-centric campaigns, analyzing data, extracting trends and applying findings to improve programmatic efforts to meet the transformation objectives for the Association.
- Demonstrated experience creating and executing a strategic plan.
- Strong experience with revenue forecasting and budgeting.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.