The Office for Health Equity and Inclusion is seeking candidates for the position of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Program Coordinator. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, self-directed team player who will help support the development, coordination and implementation of diversity, equity and inclusion related programs and initiatives for the Academic Medical Center.
- Support a university-wide diversity, equity and inclusion framework
- Provide logistical and administrative support for DEI team and initiatives
- Serve as a resource to internal and external partners and vendors
- Function as a vital member of team dedicating to facilitating DEI work with UM departments and units
- Provide logistical knowledge, support and assistance for DEI program (event planning, calendaring, course set up, etc.)
- Maintain calendar for DEI staff and activities
- Input and manage database of activities and associated metrics
- Gather data to assist in developing metrics to measure the effectiveness of diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives implemented
- Gather data for various projects as outlined by program manager
- Create and prepare periodic reports from gathered DEI data and metric results
- Coordinate on/off-site learning, training and related events
- Exercise independent judgement while serving as a resource for DEI activities and Leads
- Serve as an intake coordinator to receive, assess and coordinate referrals
- Set up consultations with DEI Leads
- Manage all DEI correspondence (written and email)
- Provide feedback to DEI manager as required
- Update diversity training materials as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in a field relevant to the position and/or equivalent combination of education, training and experience to include relevant course work in field; and at least 2 years’ experience working in diversity equity and inclusion framework
- Forward-thinking, detailed-oriented and personable with excellent communication skills
- High level of computer literacy — particularly Microsoft Suite
- Ability to collect, analyze and share data via various mediums including Excel, and PowerPoint
- Project management skills and ability to handle complex projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal and demonstrated emotional intelligence
- Ability to work well under pressure, with proven time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment and to organize complex information
- Demonstrate awareness and understanding of multiple facets of diversity: cultural, ethnic, racial, religious, gender, educational, age, sexual orientation, linguistic, professional, and other differences that make us unique
- Passion for the mission/vision/goals of the University’s diversity, equity and inclusion initiative
- Experience with intake and abillity to determine need and disseminate information
- Experience with graphic design
- Working knowledge of Adobe Suite
- Knowledge of MailChimp or other electronic mailing methods
- Knowledge of MyLinc system
- 2-4 years relevant experience to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.