How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
There is an immediate need for an Instructional Aide in N254 – Health Maintenance and Restoration I. Work may include, but is not limited to reading assigned materials every week, and grade the following: group discussions (for participation points), papers (using grading rubric provided), compute and report test scores, grade weekly assignments, quizzes, mid-terms and final exam.
Assist with the following:
- Answer student emails regarding administrative issues.
- Help students with CANVAS, course set-up, access to course materials, and organization of materials, etc.
- Answering emails and questions related to Instructional Aide duties (above and below).
- Do research in course development related to grading tools or assessment methods and rubrics (based on the outcome the faculty wishes to measure).
- Assist with test preparation; preparation of instructional materials and has an understanding of the materials.
- Counsel students concerning examinations, papers, and coursework.
- Administer examinations and grade examinations using rubric.
- Attend and assist with facilitating meetings with student groups regarding group activities and projects.
- Teach or assist in teaching courses with supervision.
- Give laboratory or clinical demonstrations.
- Lead laboratory and recitation sections.
Bachelor degree required, masters preferred. Demonstrated interpersonal skills with superior ability to communicate effectively are required. Proven attention to details, adaptable, and strong organizational skills are required.
Hours: 5 hours per week (up to 70 hours)
Hourly rate: $15
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.