- Based on your understanding of LSA Advancement, please explain why you are applying for this position.
- How many years of recent experience do you have in the development and/or management of websites/digital experiences? Briefly describe your role and accomplishments.
- What is it about working as a web professional that you find most rewarding?
- Why is this position a logical next step in your career progression?
- Create digital assets and implement web graphics and content that adhere to web technical standards and best practices, LSA standards, University of Michigan policies, and accessibility guidelines.
- Working within college content management systems and elsewhere, in conjunction with designers, writers, and project managers, create and/or maintain visually engaging and dynamic websites, content, and digital assets ensuring usability across web browsers and operating systems.
- Create website guidelines, wireframes, mockups, and/or specifications.
- With a focus on user experience, study how people use our websites/digital assets; conceive and execute improvements, and then test results.
- Develop structural design and information architecture of websites including taxonomies, metadata, scheduling, and analysis of content.
- Produce and disseminate HTML emails and newsletters.
- Lead team in selecting best user research approach for projects, execute user research, and synthesize results into solutions.
- Design and create paper and/or digital prototypes, and lead subsequent assessment of their effectiveness.
- Work as an integrated member of the LSA Advancement team.
- Serve as collaborator and technical liaison with LSA Web Services team and strategic technical partners.
- High level of general computer proficiency, with extensive experience in relevant software, especially InVision, Axure, Sketch, Adobe XD, Dreamweaver, and similar.
- Expertise in content management systems like Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, and/or Adobe Experience Manager (AEM).
- Working knowledge of digital marketing and ID/UX design.
- Knowledge of current best practices and demonstrated experience designing web-based interfaces and/or websites using responsive design principles.
- HTML email design, development, and testing experience, including the use of services like Mailchimp, Campaign Monitor, and similar.
- Ability to translate design solutions across a variety of channels.
- Thorough understanding of image optimization techniques and best practices.
- Direct experience with a variety of UX design methods, strong understanding of UCD.
- An understanding of how design decisions impact development.
- A solid understanding of accessibility standards and a demonstrated commitment to designing with those standards in mind.
- Ability to work well and interact with a variety of clients/academic units, to identify and meet specific audience and client requirements, and to professionally receive feedback from and offer feedback to both clients and team members.
- The ability to positively translate feedback—whether received from clients or from performance analysis—into improved work.
- Demonstrated commitment to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Proven ability to efficiently manage multiple, diverse projects simultaneously, and to create and direct innovative work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent creative thinking and organizational skills; adaptability to new technology or communications avenues.
- Demonstrable experience in working independently to create and/or manage the creation of online content, which includes researching skills. Able to take projects from start to finish with minimal supervision.
- Must demonstrate impeccable attention to detail, particularly as it pertains to writing clean code and/or error prevention.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a cross-functional, collaborative, team-based, positive work environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google tools.
- A bachelor's degree in related field and/or minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Direct experience working within Adobe Experience Manager (AEM).
- Experience working within an agile development environment preferred.
- Experience working with JIRA and version control systems like Git, Bitbucket, or similar.
- Experience working with project management software. Knowledge of Wrike a plus.
- Expertise in using Google Analytics for web traffic analysis.
- Experience as a front end developer, web designer/developer, usability engineer, information architect, user experience designer, interaction designer, user researcher, or other equivalent title/experience in software or web application design and development.
- Familiarity with University of Michigan structure, resources, and policies.
- Passion for the University of Michigan and the liberal arts.
- Experience in a higher education, philanthropic, institutional advancement, or marketing-related setting.
- A bachelor's degree in related field and/or minimum of 5-8+ years relevant experience.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
The College of Literature, Science, and the Arts seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitments to serve the diverse people of Michigan, fulfill the College’s Guiding Principles, and sustain the excellence of LSA.
To learn more about diversity, equity, and inclusion visit http://lsa.umich.edu/lsa/about/diversity--equity-and-inclusion.html
To learn more about LSA’s Guiding Principles visit http://lsa.umich.edu/lsa/faculty-staff/human-resources/lsa-staff-guiding-principles.html
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future. The University of Michigan is committed to foster learning, creativity and productivity, and to support the vigorous exchange of ideas and information, not only in the classroom but in the workplace by:
- Creating a work environment in which people treat each other with respect and dignity, regardless of roles, responsibilities or differences.
- Providing support, direction and resources enabling us to accomplish the responsibilities of our jobs and to reach the goals that are set for professional and personal growth.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.