How to Apply
To apply for this position please email your resume and a cover letter that describes your interest and experience related to this position, referencing the points above. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please send application materials to Shawna Lee, email@example.com.
Community Health Work with Healthy Start Fatherhood Program
Our team seeks one Community Health Worker with a strong background and interest in community-based programming to assist with implementation of a program to engage fathers/men in home visitation in Flint/Genesee County. This individual will work with the Genesee County Healthy Start program to engage the male partners of pregnant and parenting women who are participating in Healthy Start, other home visiting programs, and WIC. The Community Health Worker will be tasked with implementing the fatherhood program activities, conducting community outreach on a weekly basis, and assisting with data collection efforts related to evaluation of this project. Must have a strong interest in fatherhood and parenting programs and community-based work. Pay commensurate with background and experience. Competitive applicants should demonstrate experience and background in conducting community-based work as well as ability to travel to do home visitation work within Genesee County.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Conduct on-site outreach at sites throughout Genesee County, MI, including hospitals, WIC clinics, and Healthy Start sites, at least one day per week;
- Engage fathers and families at community sites;
- Disseminate program materials to fathers and families;
- Implement special programming related to the engaged father program;
- Participate in weekly team meetings;
- Provide resources and referrals to fathers;
- Provide case management to fathers;
- Generate bi-weekly reports on outreach activities to supervisors.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.