Brighton Center for Specialty Care
The Brighton Center for Specialty Care is the newest University of Michigan Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The brand new 2-story facility is located at 7500 Challis Rd. Brighton, MI. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Why become a EEG Technologist at Michigan Medicine?
At Michigan Medicine, our EEG Technologists are functioning members of our health care team. You will work within a multidisciplinary team while performing routine EEG procedures on pediatric patients with a variety of illnesses. Working for Michigan Medicine will provide you with a positive work/life balance, while also allowing you with the opportunity to improve and develop your career. We would love for you to join our diverse environment and become part of the team that provides state of the art patient care.
What perks and benefits can you look forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- Generous PTO program
- Continued education allowance
- Teaching and mentorship opportunities
What skills would you perform?
- You will apply electrodes to predetermined measured placements, while also checking the performance of the electrodes.
- Explain test procedures to patients and parents or guardians and instruct patients in proper positioning, both before and during the recordings.
- Calibrate and adjust equipment to be sure it is in proper working condition.
- Take standard recordings from patients of any age; from newborn to 20 years.
- Monitor and record all unusual and abnormal physiological occurrences.
- Monitor other vital signs such as eye movement, respiration, muscle and heartbeat.
- You will perform brain activating procedures such as hyperventilation, photic stimulation and sleep.
- Obtain and record any relevant information from the patient, Care Web or the Mi-chart medical record.
- Determine the cause of equipment failure.
- You will replenish supplies and report machine malfunctions.
What are the qualifications?
- High school graduation with basic science course work or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of the body.
Requirement for EEG Technologist Registered:
- Certification by the American Board of Registration for Electroencephalographic Technologist.
- Reasonable experience as an EEG Technician
Requirement for EEG Technologist Non-Registered
- Eligibility or certification by the American Board of Registration for Electroencephalographic Technologist
- Satisfactory completion of college courses in the physiological and biological sciences.
This is a day shift, 16 hours per week position. Typically, you will work 2 days a week between Monday and Friday, however, the hours and days may rotate.
Location: Brighton Center for Specialty Care
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together improve our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Michigan Medicine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.