The Registered Dietitian (RD) Counselor collaborates with the nine intervention pediatric practices to provide Motivational Interviewing (MI) and Nurtrition counseling. Counseling is provided telephonically to parents/caregivers of children, ages 3-11, with overwieght or obesity.
- Perform baseline assessments, building motivation in caregivers to reach specific health behavior goals.
- Document counseling notes to disseminate to pediatricians.
- Collaborate with a teach of researchers and other RDs to reach study goals.
- Participate in staff meetings and MI skills sessions when scheduled.
- Adhere to Institutional Review Board (IRB) and Federal regulations as documented.
- Provide high quality MI counseling as scored by the MI Supervisor.
- Communicate clearly and tactfully with caregivers, physicians, and research staff.
- Efficiently utilize a web-based study portal designed to record research information and counseling data.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Able to work independently without direct supervision.
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics or Registered Dietitian eligible within six (6) month of hire.
- Must have a computer wtih reliable internet access.
- Must have access to phone, or the ability to work at the University of Michigan Central Campus.
- Have flexible availability to work 10-20 hours during the days, evenings and weekends. RD will make their own schedule.
- Experience in MI highly preferred
- Experience working with an IRB and research projects highly preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish highly preferred.
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic staff member with a commitment to contributing to a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for all members of our community.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.