How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Development Coordinator coordinates various projects and processes in support of the campaign, children’s and women’s health and planned giving, including campaign communications, donor relations, stewardship and prospect management. The development coordinator provides advanced, diversified, and confidential administrative support to the Managing Director, Children’s and Women’s Health, Campaign and Director of Planned Giving. The individual will have significant interaction with UM and Michigan Medicine leaders, high-profile individuals, major benefactors to the University of Michigan and distinguished friends of the University of Michigan.
- Screen, prioritize, and route all written and electronic correspondence, phone calls, and outside requests as a representative of the Directors; direct matters to appropriate individuals for action or follow-up.
- Prepare high-level internal and external correspondence applying broad knowledge of the principles of the fund raising and campaign disciplines.
- Develop creative and powerful presentations and documents by reviewing meeting discussions, reviewing background information and discerning key information.
- Generate reports and ad hoc queries from internal databases. Prepare reports and summarize information for presentations.
- Act in an advisory capacity to the Managing Director, Children’s and Women’s Health, Campaign and Director of Planned Giving on issues around organizational communications, employee and team management, and development of new processes and policies.
- Maintain a complex calendar for the directors using discretion and prioritizing the schedule accordingly.
- Prepare necessary materials for donor visits and events, including tracking on any follow up or stewardship needed.
- Coordinate travel arrangements, including scheduling airline and hotel reservations, and registration for meetings/conferences, and dining reservations for donor engagements.
- Prepare travel and hosting expense reports while ensuring compliance with University Regulations.
- Various other duties as assigned.
Project Management and Campaign Support
- Manage and support the efforts of various project and task teams by creating and managing project plans, ensuring performance against project plans and enabling reporting of progress.
- Provide management of specific development related projects and initiatives for the
- Managing Director including but not limited to assisting in planning end of campaign event and donor stewardship as Victors for Michigan Campaign closes.
- Proactive leading of increasing complex projects on a regular basis, with considerable independence.
- Track and analyze core/unit team progress within the campaign.
Project Management and Children’s and Women’s Health Support
- Manage and support the efforts of various project and task teams by creating and managing project plans, ensuring performance against project plans and enabling reporting of progress, including, but not limited to, events.
- Assist in creating and maintaining overall donor/prospect stewardship plan.
- Maintain team timeline and ensure productivity within plan.
- Coordinate with prospect development to drive pipeline activity.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience and ability to manage multiple priorities and meet challenging and changing deadlines.
- Experience creating projects and processes, evaluating project progress and results and recommends major changes in procedures.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written skills.
- A high level of discretion and confidentiality while interact-acting with donors, Michigan Medicine Leadership and staff.
- Ability to work effectively with frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop good working relationships with internal and external constituency groups and to work collaboratively with colleges in a team environment.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Experience with DART, Business Objects and Tableau
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.