The Office of the Registrar seeks to hire a full-time Academic Records Assistant Associate to provide support to the Transcripts, Certification and Diploma Department. Primary responsibilities include providing academic and administrative services to students, faculty, staff, parents, outside agencies and the public in the areas of the academic record.
- Retrieve, sort, and distribute all incoming faxes and department mail.
- Enter transcript requests into M-Pathway’s transcript ordering system.
- Retrieve and process daily transcript batch jobs. Manually process orders for paper transcripts. Assist with the stapling, collating and folding of the transcripts.
- Process rush requests for transcript orders - twice a day, enter requests into M-Pathways, check for holds, complete credit card transactions, and print air bills using UPS on-line shipping system. Resolve any problems that arise by contacting the student or U-M department.
- Answer telephone inquiries regarding transcript orders, certification requests and diplomas. Provide general information on university policies and procedures.
- Respond to e-mail inquiries using Oracle Right Now CRM.
- Assist special investigators with in-person transcript orders and inquiries.
- Complete a variety of written verifications for dates of attendance, enrollment status, degree information, GPA's, class standing, class ranking, credit hours and academic standing. Research and post degree information to the National Student Clearinghouse’s database.
- Verify accuracy of diploma data using Diplomatic software and make changes to data as needed.
- Prepare and copy records for imaging. Ensure copies are legible and neat. Retrieve and file academic records.
- Proof scanned copies of imaged records for completeness, quality, and legibility. Check indexing and make corrections as necessary. Identify and flag records that are of poor quality or incomplete. Manage records in workflow queues; place rejected records in reject queue for rescanning or retype them as needed.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Positive customer service-oriented attitude, flexibility, and the ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- The ability to disseminate information accurately and use discretion as appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to interact positively with diverse population.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Knowledge of and skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience and/or familiarity with M-Pathways Student Administration system.
- Knowledge of FERPA and other federal/state laws and regulations related to higher education.
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate innovative practices into the workplace to enhance effectiveness and efficiency.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.