The Northville Health Center is an Ambulatory Care facility comprised of clinical and diagnostic services, dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The 2-story facility is located at the corner of 7 Mile and Haggerty in Northville Township. We are seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Work with the Comprehensive Musculoskeletal Center team with support for the Adult and Pediatric patients in a fast paced outpatient setting. Responsible for the measuring and fitting of soft goods and other off the shelf orthoses that require minimum to no adjustment. Provide casting support to patients. Assist the Orthotist/Prosthetist in performing patient evaluations and measuring and fitting. Provide exceptional customer service to patients and families by performing clinical processes that result in the management of efficient patient flow. Selected candidate must excel in patient intake, information gathering, direct patient care, data entry, patient preparation for procedures, casting/bracing, clinical support to providers, and patient follow-up.
- Previous experience and interested in becoming certified. The department would register and/or train, if certification has not been fully obtained.
- Completion of manufacturer courses and/or has previous experience.
- Non certified individuals will be required to obtain CFo and CFm certification within one year of employment, (financial support from the department).
- Individual must exhibit a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff. They must also adhere to a high standard of personal and professional conduct; possess excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills; and demonstrate ability to interact with a diverse population.
- Candidates must be able to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team, handling multiple responsibilities in a fast paced environment. In addition, candidate must demonstrate problem solving skills, proficient computer and keyboarding skills, and excellent attendance.
- Certified by the American Board of Certification as an Orthotic Fitter
- Experience within an ambulatory setting
- Experience with Adult and Pediatric Patients
- Experience with an electronic medical record
Monday- Friday with some evening shifts
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.