- Oversee and Coordinate guest services day to day operations
- Develop plans for managing patient flow during a comprehensive building renovation
- Functional supervisor of day to day operations
- Responsible for training guest services specialists
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Provide effective communication with team members and other departments to ensure a seamless process
- Provide accurate and timely follow-up with staff, patients and families
- Communicate patient flow concerns to the proper administration
- Effectively coordinate everyday changes in patient flow as necessary
Must have a high school diploma. Demonstrated ability to manage change. Have ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks. Must have experience in a supervisory role. Have ability to work effectively with management, administration, faculty, peers, co-workers, students and patients. Excellent customer service skills, ability to multi-task and work well independently. Excellent attendance record.
Experience in customer relation resources
Knowledge of dental clinic information system
Experience in customer service in clinic setting
Bachelor degree or greater
This position is located at the School of Dentistry at 1011 N University Ave.
This is a 4 year term limited position (September 1, 2018 - September 30, 2022)
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
MDentistry: Advancing health through education, service, research and discovery.
Core Values: Compassion, Leadership, Excellence, Responsibility, Trust, Creativity, and Inclusion.
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future. The University of Michigan is committed to foster learning, creativity and productivity, and to support the vigorous exchange of ideas and information, not only in the classroom but in the workplace by:
- Creating a work environment in which people treat each other with respect and dignity, regardless of roles, responsibilities or differences.
- Providing support, direction and resources enabling us to accomplish the responsibilities of our jobs and to reach the goals that are set for professional and personal growth.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.