How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Department of Psychology is looking to hire a self-motivated individual to welcome and direct faculty, students and visitors, manage mail and package receiving for East Hall, as well as assist with a variety of administrative duties.
- Receiving, sorting and delivering mail
- Accepting and logging packages
- Sending notifications for package pickup
- Signing packages out when picked up
- Stocking copy machines
- Making coffee and restocking supplies
- Running campus errands
- Maintaining and replenishing office supplies
- Posting flyers
- Assisting with departmental events
- Taking the lead on a departmental scanning project
- Additional duties as assigned
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite
- Excellent customer service skills
- Independence, reliability and motivation
- Professional, polite and approachable demeanor
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when questions arise
- Strong multitasking and time-management skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Team-oriented attitude
25-29 hours per week
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future. The University of Michigan is committed to foster learning, creativity and productivity, and to support the vigorous exchange of ideas and information, not only in the classroom but in the workplace by:
- Creating a work environment in which people treat each other with respect and dignity, regardless of roles, responsibilities or differences.
- Providing support, direction and resources enabling us to accomplish the responsibilities of our jobs and to reach the goals that are set for professional and personal growth.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.