How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this posting.
- Knowledgeable of current infection control standards and universal precautions and able to always be compliant with them.
- Knowledgeable of current HIPPA guidelines and always be compliant with them.
- Greet, seat, and prepare patients for treatment in a fast-paced, multi-chair general dentistry clinic environment.
- Assist with patient management during treatment, minimizing patient discomfort and anxiety.
- Access and use an electronic dental health record for clinical activities.
- Chairside assist using four-handed dentistry and anticipate dentist needs for procedures during patient treatment.
- Knowledgeable of dental materials and able to correctly handle and manipulate them for patient treatment.
- Make diagnostic impressions, pour and trim dental casts.
- Fabricate simple appliances such as bleaching trays, temporary stents, and athletic mouthguards.
- Take and process digital radiographs according to standard procedures or specific instructions.
- Render medical assistance in emergency situations.
- Knowledgeable of disinfection protocols, able to set up cubicles for dental treatment and turning over cubicles to prepare for subsequent patients.
- Process and prepare instruments for sterilization.
- Inventory and stock cubicles and clinic with supplies, materials, and instruments
- Maintain clinic in a neat and organized appearance.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on hand-pieces, instruments, dental units, chairs, lights and other clinic equipment and major equipment repair.
- Coordinate laboratory cases for faculty.
- Overtime as required for completion of patient care with little or no notice.
- Perform any other related duty as assigned.
- Three or more years of current experience in a progressive General Dentistry practice.
- Certification as a Dental Assistant (CDA) by the Dental Assistant National Board (DANB) or Registration as a Dental Assistant (RDA) with a current Michigan license.
- C.P.R. certification.
- Experience working with an electronic dental record system (EHR)
- Experience in four-handed chairside assisting
- Possess current knowledge of infection control standards pertaining to OSHA and Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Must have knowledge and experience working with a dental clinic information system and digital radiography. Extensive knowledge of dental clinic practices, dental materials and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with patients, faculty and staff at all times. Excellent attendance and punctuality. Must be a team player with the ability to productively multitask. Excellent attendance record.
- Experience with MiDent computer software
- Knowledge of School of Dentistry and University policies, practices and regulations.
- Associate degree in Dental Assisting from an accredited institution or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in digital impression and CEREC procedures.
This position is for the School of Dentistry located at 1011 N University.
This position may have flexible standard hours (32-40 hours each week). The Full-Time salary range if 40 hours per week is $41,000-$47,000 and the 80% or 32 hour salary range would be $32,800-$37,600
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
MDentistry: advancing health through education, service, research and discovery.
MDentistry Core Values: Compassion, Leadership, Excellence, Responsibility, Trust, Creativity, and Inclusion.
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future. The University of Michigan is committed to foster learning, creativity and productivity, and to support the vigorous exchange of ideas and information, not only in the classroom but in the workplace by:
- Creating a work environment in which people treat each other with respect and dignity, regardless of roles, responsibilities or differences.
- Providing support, direction and resources enabling us to accomplish the responsibilities of our jobs and to reach the goals that are set for professional and personal growth.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.